Returns and Repairs
All materials sent to Advanced Motion Controls must be assigned a Return Materials Authorization number (RMA), including non-AMC parts such as motors and other equipment received for system evaluation. Equipment received without an RMA number will be immediately returned at the originating shipper's expense.
Pricing Guidelines, Warranty Periods, Product Identification and Repairability
If your Advanced Motion Controls equipment no longer functions as expected, early contact with us to receive proper guidance is imperative. Contact our Application Engineering deptartment to troubleshoot the fault condition. If the fault condition is confirmed, request an RMA by completing the form below or by contacting our Customer Support Team. Complete information is needed including the Part number, serial number, description of product failure, name of the supporting Advanced Motion Controls Application Engineer who confirmed the fault condition, and the day in which the fault was confirmed.
The Advanced Motion Controls original product label must not be altered or removed from the product. Alteration or removal of this external label voids the product warranty.
Our Sales and Engineering Support Staff are located at our World Headquarters in Camarillo, CA. USA
Call 805-389-1935, Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm Pacific Time
Warranty Repairs(0 - 12 months from purchase date)
Service Repairs(13 - 60 months from purchase date)
Please review our Terms and Conditions
Warranty and Repair Periods
The age of a product is based on the first time the product was shipped from the factory for purchase. We retain complete shipping records for all serialized products and can accurately determine the warranty status of your product.
- 0 – 12 months: Warranty
- 13 – 60 months: Service
- >60 months (>5 years): Generally not accepted for repair
Product Beyond Repair
Some products may not be repairable as they are beyond the maximum age limit, have extensive physical damage, and/or are priced so competitively that repair is not economically feasible. In these cases, purchasing a new replacement drive is recommended. We strongly encourage discussions with our Applications Engineering department prior to requesting an RMA to qualify each return.
In the event that a product is not repairable, contact will be made to determine the final course of action: return the product as-is, or factory disposal. Factory disposal relieves the customer of return freight charges; however, the $150.00 evaluation fee still applies.
Examples of products beyond repair:
- Printed Circuit Board (PCB) Damage
- Lifted Pads / Traces – It is not possible to repair this type of damage
- Burned PCB (not including soot on the PCB from burned components) – Even minor burns can change the electrical characteristics of the PCB material and compromise the isolation between traces and components.
- View examples of PCB Damage
- Substantial component failure – Although it is technically possible to replace any and all components on a PCB, there is a practical limit above which the reliability falls below acceptable standards.
- Age of Product – After 5 years of age we have found that the investigation time, replacement components, testing procedures, and general processing costs to repair these products go beyond the established pricing. In the interest of keeping your equipment operating at peak performance for years to come, units shipped more than 60 months ago are generally not accepted for repair. We recommend purchasing new replacements.
Products are identified by the information on their labels found on the OUTSIDE of the product. Some products may have labels inside the case but these are for subassembly identification only, NOT product identification.
Product Identification Application Note.
RMA Contact Request
Please complete this form to begin the RMA process.Required Fields are in RED