(Current Version 7.3.2 - released January 2016)
DriveWare® 7 software is used to commission, troubleshoot, and integrate all ADVANCED Motion Controls' DigiFlex® Performance™ digital servo drives.
All drive limits, control loops (current, velocity, and position), and event handling can be configured in DriveWare. Notable features include a fully functional multi-channel oscilloscope, function generator and user friendly layout and interface.
- New Features
- Release History
- Downloads & Support
DriveWare® 7 Overview
Intuitive User Interface
DriveWare® 7 features an improved user interface common to everyday applications. Panels, tabs, toolbars, and icons can all be scaled and customized to fit different monitors and resolutions.
Drive configuration and setup windows are categorized and accessed through the Setup Panel, a ‘tree-view’ interface layout that simplifies the drive commissioning process.
Extensive Tuning and Configuration Tool Set
The built-in fully-functional digital oscilloscope and waveform generator make it easy to find the optimal tuning gains quickly and achieve the highest performance. The effect of gain changes can be observed in real-time and adjustments can be made while the system is in operation.
The Powerful Motion Engine
Indexing - Create up to 16 unique Index Tasks by defining position, velocity, and acceleration/deceleration values. Indexes can be either Relative or Absolute motion profiles. Once created, Indexes can be activated using the Motion Panel, digital inputs, or by using an external network command.
Sequencing - Indexes can be combined with Homing routines and other control functions to form up to 16 different Sequences. Sequences can be configured to initiate on power-up, via a digital input, or over the network.
Motion Panel - The Motion Panel tool is used to execute pre-defined Indexes, Dynamic Indexes, Jogs, and PVT motion profiles. The Motion Panel also displays current motion profile data and Motion Engine status.
Expanded Compatibility and Capability
DriveWare® 7 is compatible for use with ADVANCED Motion Controls®’ CANopen, EtherCAT®, RS485/232, and Ethernet TCP/IP network capable DigiFlex® Performance™ servo drives..
With universal feedback and motor support, DriveWare® 7 and DigiFlex® Performance™ servo drives present a complete motion control solution for any motion application.
PLS - Two independent programmable limit switches are configurable directly within DriveWare® 7 or by using network commands. The direction, pulse width, repeatability, and rollover can all be set to user-defined values, allowing great flexibility for use in multiple application scenarios.
- Intel® or AMD processor 1GHz or faster
- Microsoft® Windows XP® with Service Pack 3, Windows® 7 Professional with Service Pack 2
- 2GB of available RAM (4GB or more recommended)
- 50MB of available hard-disk space for installation
- MicroSoft .NET 4.0 Framework
- Communication Hardware (see drive documentation for more details)
- RS-232 port (COM 1-8)
- USB 2.0 port
- Added support for Ethernet POWERLINK on DZP and DPP drives.
- To prevent erroneous position faults, software position limits are now ignored until a valid position reference frame has been established. A valid reference frame will be established after execution of Homing, Phase Detect, or Set Position functions.
- Added support for EnDat 2.2 encoders on DZE drives.
- Added DxIO objects to allowable PDO mappings on supported drives.
7.3.2 (released January 2016)
- Fixed a bug in which event manager settings were not being written to the drive during project file download.
7.3.0 (released March 2015)
- Added support for EnDat 2.2 encoders - drive model specific.
- Added support for Modbus TCP - all DPP/DZP drives.
- Added support for Modbus RTU - all DPR/DZR drives.
- Added debug enhancements for sequencing configuration page.
- Improved commutation detection algorithm for motors with incremental feedback devices and no commutation sensors.
- Improvements to digital output state handling during drive power-up.
- Corrected PDO mapping capacity indicator for CANopen project configuration.
- Corrected position validation on power-up for drives with analog feedback devices.
- Corrected synchronization of configuration settings in the advanced events page.
- Corrected issue with consistency of PLS output in reverse direction.
7.2.2 (released June 2014)
- Fixed potential issue with commutation parameter calculation in Absolute feedback devices.
- DriveWare installation no longer results in automatic uninstallation of previous DriveWare versions.
- Fixed Motion Panel reverse functionality for dynamic indexes.
7.2.1 (released April 2014)
- Fixed problem with Gain Set changes upon completion of AutoComm.
7.2.0 (released April 2014)
- Ability to program and store up to 16 individual sequences. A sequence can be initiated automatically on power-up, or can be initiated through a digital input or network command.
- Two programmable limit switches (PLS) allow the drive to toggle an output based on the measured or commanded motor position. The pulse width, maximum number of pulses and rotary rollover position are configurable.
- DxI/O™ extended I/O configuration supported in software.
- BiSS feedback is now supported on DZE/DZS and DPE drives.
- Improved phase detect algorithm and configuration options enhance phase angle detection in brushless motors when Hall signals are unavailable.
- Auxilliary Feedback Position is now a configurable option for PDO mapping in CANopen-based drives.
- Fixed scaling bug in Motor Parameters page - Max Motor Speed setting.
- Increased response rate when connected to DriveWare over Ethernet.
- Fixed problems with Autocommutation setting proper aux encoder polarity.
- Fixed problems homing to aux encoder index.
- Fixed problem with assigning PWM and DIR to Config 1 command source.
- Fixed problems reading aux encoder position over the network. (EtherCAT drives)
- Fixed problems with PDO watchdog. (EtherCAT drives)
- Fixed problem with fault reset disrupting CAN state machine (CAN drives).
- Fixed problem with detection of new operating mode via index 6060 (CAN drives).
7.1.2 (released September 2013)
- Fixed bug in assertion of correct commutation angles following AutoCommutation.
- Updated sample project file settings.
7.1.1 (released August 2013)
- Fixed bug in detection of auxiliary encoder index.
- Fixed problems with user unit scaling when base units for velocity and position devices differ.
- Fixed synchronization setting problem for brushless motors with absolute encoder feedback.
- Fixed initial mode of operation setting for profile velocity mode (CANopen drives).
- Fixed problem with display of target command while configuring PWM/Dir as a command source.
7.1 (released June 2013)
- DxI/O™ technology supported.
- 4 programmable jogs.
- AC induction motor configuration.
- DCF file export now supported in CANopen drives (device configuration file containing CANopen object data).
- BiSS C-Mode feedback now supported.
- Improved user units configuration page.
- Custom (Biquad) filter parameter configuration has been added to the interface
7.0.2 (released July 2012)
- New user interface with clean and professional look and feel.
- Common layout to everyday applications.
- Allows access to information quickly and conveniently.
- Scalable for different screen sizes and resolutions.
- Easily understood icons.
- Compatible with Windows XP and Windows 7.