Integrated with the motor, Hall Sensors are used for commutation feedback and sometimes rough velocity feedback.
- Hall Sensors are a low cost yet reliable type of commutation feedback
- Used for commutation because they provide absolute but rudimentary position within 1 electrical cycle
- Allows systems to move the motor immediately on start-up rather than wait for a "wake-and-shake" routine
ADVANCED Motion Controls' Capabilities
- The majority of servo drives can use Hall Sensors for commutation
- For consistency, all analog drives use the same commutation table
- All DigiFlex® Performance™ servo drives can automatically match their commutation with any motor or wiring combination