STO (Safe Torque Off) is a mechanism that prevents the drive from restarting unexpectedly. The Safe Torque Off function safely clears the output of the drive so it is reliably torque-free. STO has a wide range of use in machines/systems with moving axes (e.g. handling, conveyor technology).
- Enables safe working when the machine is being serviced
- Drive-integrated STO eliminates separate components (electromechanical switches) and the effort required to wire and service them
ADVANCED Motion Controls' Capabilities
- Available standard on most DigiFlex® Performance™ drives and more models in the future
- STO can be specified as an option for custom drives
- Meets SIL 3 per IEC 61800-5-2