Antenna control for telemetry tracking requires high precision for object location. Uses include industrial, defense, and commercial applications.
Position control that is both accurate for location and repeatable in operation to deliver a precise antenna system. CANopen interfacing was selected due to its open communications protocol.
Various antenna models with multiple power demands
- Common control system dictated same servo drive interface but with models having different power levels
- Low ambient temperature requirement not met by previous drive supplier
- Operation typically in remote locations
- Long service life expected
Extended environment capabilities
- ADVANCED Motion Controls' PCB mount extended environment drives provided necessary performance at low temperature
- Panel mount DigiFlex® Performance™ drives were modified for low temperature operation on larger antenna platforms
- Embedded PCB mount drives allowed final packaging close to the motor for smaller overall footprint
Support and Reliability
- ADVANCED Motion Controls continued to support from specification stage through project rollout
- Customer so impressed with drive reliability that additional ADVANCED Motion Controls' power supply and mounting card accessory products are now specified in system design