EtherCAT® is a high performance Ethernet based deterministic network protocol developed by Beckhoff. It is industry proven to deliver high-speed, deterministic control with standard 100 base-T hardware and achieve blazing fast, consistent results in demanding applications. DigiFlex® Performance™ (DP-Family) digital servo drives operate in torque, velocity, and position mode and offer full tuning control of all servo loops to achieve the highest performance for your application.
PCB mount EtherCAT-enabled servo drives also utilize ADVANCED Motion Controls’ unique, proprietary high speed multi-axis communication interface and I/O expansion capabilities (‘DxM’™ and ‘DxI/O’™ Technologies). Now a single EtherCAT® node can accommodate a combination of up to 4 axes of motion with 32 digital inputs, 32 digital outputs, 4 analog inputs, and 2 analog outputs each. The result is a highly integrated high value motion control solution for single or multi-axis applications.
ADVANCED Motion Controls’ plug-in module EtherCAT servo drives were named winners in Design News’ annual Golden Mousetrap Awards in recognition of our engineering innovation and creativity in product design! ADVANCED Motion Controls latest servo drive family, FlexPro™, was the first servo drive family to be designed from the beginning with EtherCAT® in mind.
- Based on standard Ethernet for 100baseT
- Real-time down to the I/O level
- Multiple topologies possible - line
- daisy chain
- drop lines - can be used in any combination
- Requires no special Ethernet hardware - standard Network Interface Cards (NIC) can be used
- CANopen over EtherCAT (CoE) allows use of CANopen protocol and feature set over EtherCAT
- Ethernet over EtherCAT (EoE) allows other Ethernet-based services and protocols on the same physical network
ADVANCED Motion Controls' Capabilities
- 2x100 Mbit/sec max speed
- 10 kHz update rate
- < 1 ms jitter