For safety, servo drives that derive their power from an AC outlet must have isolation between the power ground and signal ground.
- In addition to increased safety
- isolation also helps with noise issues by reducing the possibility of ground loops
ADVANCED Motion Controls' Capabilities
- All drives with AC input have built-in isolation
- Most DC input drives rated to over 100 VDC are also isolated
- Isolation for a 230VAC / 400 VDC drive is typically 2.2 kV
- Drives with 4 kV of isolation have been delivered for medical applications