Plasma cutting is a process that allows the cutting of conductive metals such as steel, aluminum, brass and copper, by means of an accelerated jet of hot plasma. Precision control of the plasma torch is key to providing finished work pieces.
Multi-axis CNC style controls with automatic torch height control provide affordable and low cost, high-speed operation for this form of metal cutting.
X and X’ for gantry axes, Y for orthogonal axis and Z for torch height leveling
High operating temperatures
- Maintain reliable operation in ambient temperatures approaching 50°C, resulting in 65°C - 70°C enclosure temps
Torque mode operation from the servo drive
- Fast, responsive current loop as position loop is closed by the controller
Fit in already minimized enclosure size
Migrating from stepper to servo driven technology with need to maintain smallest possible size
- More simplified installation and setup
- Increased productivity and profitability for end users
Excellent integrated solution already available in ADVANCED Motion Controls' PCB mount drives
- No other product on the market came close to the power density and performance capabilities
- Technological upgrade from SERCOS and basic analog controls
- Small size and PCB mount form factor allowed customer to embed drives in their interface board within enclosure
- High temperature industrial environments were no issue for the drive's expansive thermal operating range and excellent heat dissipation characteristics - drive baseplate mounted to back panel of enclosure as heat sink