Gyroscopically stabilized cameras are used every day for high-action aerial, cable-rig, crane, and sound stage dynamic cinematography. Utilizing highly stable platforms is essential when presenting video imagery to observers allowing them to imagine they are part of the scene.
Ultra smooth, low-speed controlled 4-axis gimbal motion connected via high-speed network.
Compact size restrictions given camera and overall mechanical constraints
- Limited space for drives as the motors and gear mechanisms were pre-determined
Extremely quiet operation expected
- No audible noise (including entire mechanism) permitted while in operation
Absolute position capture on power-up
- Knowing initial camera postion without subsequent movement deemed critical
Proven reliability needed for upgraded design
- Customer's in-house drive design was unable to meet new requirements
- ADVANCED Motion Controls was consulted stemming from customer's knowledge of our servo system experience
Quick support response delivered along with ultimate solution
- Upon engaging ADVANCED Motion Controls' engineering and sales teams, root cause of customer's issues were quickly determined and project success was eminent
- Readily available PCB mount network drives provided a flexible solution with compact power and integration ease completely exceeding expectations
- Any Motor
- Any Feedback!
- Completely network configurable servo drive while specified to use standard input commands
- The servo drive was completely compatible and directly provided the motor with fast, high torque capabilities
- BiSS-C absolute encoder feedback support inclusive with servo drive selected